upperbee.com (“upperbee.com”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you about our privacy practices, including how we collect, use and disclose your personal information.
Please review this Privacy Statement carefully. By submitting your personal information to us, by registering for or using any of the services we offer, by using our Website or our Platform, or by voluntarily interacting with us, you consent to our collecting, using and disclosing your personal information as set out in this Privacy Statement, as revised from time to time.
This Privacy Statement is incorporated into, and is subject to, our other applicable terms & conditions. Capitalized terms used but not defined in this Privacy Statement have the meaning given to them in these documents.
WHAT’S IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT?
- Meaning of Personal Information
- Your Consent to Collection, Use and Disclosure
- Customers and Users
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Information Securityn
- Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
- International Transfer and Storage of Information
- Third Party Websites and Services
- Children’s Information
- Privacy Statement Updates
- Contact Us
Meaning of Personal Information
“Personal information” means information about an identifiable individual. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, gender, preferred language, password.
Subject to applicable laws, personal information does not include any business contact information that is solely used to communicate with you in relation to your employment, business or profession, such as your name, position name or title, work address, work telephone number, work fax number or work electronic address.
Personal information also does not include information that has been anonymized or aggregated in such a way that there is no possibility it can be used to identify an individual, whether on its own or in combination with other information.
Your Consent to Collection, Use and Disclosure
We collect, use and disclose your personal information with your consent or as permitted or required by law. How we obtain your consent (i.e. the form we use) will depend on the circumstances, as well as the sensitivity of the information collected. Subject to applicable laws, your consent may be express or implied, depending on the circumstances and the sensitivity of the personal information in question. If you choose to provide personal information to us, we assume that you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this Privacy Statement.
Typically, we will seek your consent at the time your personal information is collected. Where we want to use your personal information for a purpose not previously identified to you at the time of collection, we will seek your consent prior to our use of such information for this new purpose.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time by contacting the Customer that you interact with directly – since we process information under the direction of our Customers.
If you provide personal information about another individual to us, it is your responsibility to obtain the consent of that individual to enable us to collect, use and disclose his or her information as described in this Privacy Statement.
Customers and Users
Our “Customer” is typically a legal entity representing a building or property. Customers purchase or license one or more products or services that are part of our Platform.
Our “User” can include our Customer employees (building staff, maintenance personnel, managers, etc.), residents (tenants, owners, subtenants, guests, etc.), service providers (outside contractors, local businesses, etc.) and others. We typically process information from our Customers and Users on behalf of our Customers. Please note that there are many types of Users (sometimes with personalized access to our Platform), and each one has a unique relationship to the information that we process. Most Users will be affiliated with one or more Customers (i.e., your building(s) or building manager).
We are the custodian of data on behalf of our Customers, with respect to most of the information we process. Each Customer also determines its own policies/procedures regarding collection, use and disclosure of personal information. Please contact the Customer if you have any questions regarding their data protection practices.
Personal Information We Collect
The personal information we collect is generally in one or more of the following categories.
Website. When you access, visit or use our Website, we may collect the following information:
- Questions and Comments: we may collect your e-mail address and other information that you submit when you ask information about our products and services (quote, support, etc.) from us on our Website.
Platform. When you access, visit or use our Platform, we may collect the following information:
Information Submitted by You: the types of information we collect depend on your level of access and engagement with our Platform, as well as what products and services you and the Customer are using, and can include:
- Unique identifiers such as usernames, passwords, account numbers, keys and fobs, for you and members of your household;
- Contact information such as names, email addresses, mailing addresses, phone and fax numbers, and emergency contact details, for you, members of your household or employees;
- Personal information submitted by you or on your behalf such as gender, language preferences, special needs, vehicle information, all relevant information required to process pre-authorised debits;
- Ownership or leasing information with regards to your unit, locker, and parking space, either supplied by you or collected from the Client, public records or leases;
- General information collected whilst conducting surveys and organising inspections and repairs, as well as login details and IP addresses required to improve technical support;
- Interactions between you and the Customer, our Website or our Platform, such as but not limited to any type of communication, instruction, legal demand, financial statement, request for information or assistance, or the reporting of any issue;
- Any information supplied or uploaded by you or the Customer such as photographs, audio and video files, scans, insurance information, tax forms, tenant and lease details, deeds, digital capture of signatures;
- Records of attendance and voting at general meetings, as well as duration of proxies and identity, gender, language preferences and contact details of any legal representative.
- Information Automatically Collected: we may collect log data and usage information relating to your use of our Platform and related products and services.
- Information Submitted by You: the types of information we collect depend on your level of access and engagement with our Platform, as well as what products and services you and the Customer are using, and can include:
- Other Interactions. For individuals who otherwise interact with us, whether in person, by phone or email, through social media or otherwise, including individuals who might be interested in acquiring our products and services, or who sign-up to receive communications, we may collect information that you provide to us during these interactions. This information may include your name, e-mail address and other contact information.
- Other Sources. We may obtain information, including personal information, from third parties and sources other than our products and services, such as our partners, third party service providers or advertisers. If we combine or associate information from other sources with personal information that we collect through our products and services, we will treat the combined information as Personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We do not collect payment card information. If you make an online payment using a payment card, such as a credit card, you are connected directly to our online payment processing service provider and your payment card information is collected and processed by that service provider.
We will not request any sensitive personal information such as your race, religion, or sexual orientation. Please refrain from sending us such sensitive personal information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information and other information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with our products and services and to support your use of our products and services.
- to contact you relating to our products and services.
- to monitor and improve our products and services, and to develop new products and services.
- to analyze the needs and activities of our customers to help us better serve them.
- to conduct research and analysis related to our business, products and services.
- to collect opinions and comments in regard to our products and services.
- to provide you with information that we think may interest you, including in regards to our products and services; and
- to investigate legal claims or comply with our legal obligations.
We may use your personal information and other information for purposes for which we have obtained your consent, and for such other purposes as may be permitted or required by applicable law.
How We Share Your Personal Information
Although we try to avoid sharing your personal information with third parties where possible, we have set out below the instances in which such sharing may occur.
We may use and disclose your information when we believe such use or disclosure is permitted, necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce the terms of the agreements for our products and services; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates or subsidiaries; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. In addition, we may transfer your personal information and other information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries or other assets.
We also rely on third party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf. Please find below a list of our third-party service providers which may process your personal information (with links to their data/privacy policies):
If we provide your information to third party service providers, we take reasonable measures to ensure that the rules set forth in this Privacy Statement are complied with and these third parties provide sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate security measures. We also require that they only use your personal information for the limited purposes for which it is provided. When our service providers no longer need your personal information for those limited purposes, we require that they dispose of the personal information. In some circumstances, we may permit our service providers to retain aggregated, anonymized or statistical information that does not identify you. We do not authorize the service providers to disclose your personal information to unauthorized parties or to use your personal information for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like more information about our service providers, please contact us using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
If we otherwise intend to disclose your personal information to a third party, we will identify that third party and the purpose for the disclosure, and obtain your consent.
Retention of Personal Information
We will use, disclose or retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that personal information was collected and as permitted or required by law. If you would like further information regarding the periods for which your personal information will be retained, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below.
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures with a view to protecting your personal information and other information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We have taken steps to ensure that the only personnel who are granted access to your personal information are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information.
Despite the measure outlined above, no method of information transmission or information storage is 100% secure or error-free, so we unfortunately cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any information that you provided to us has been compromised), please contact us immediately using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below. If we learn of a security breach involving your personal information, we will inform you and the relevant authorities of the occurrence of the breach as required under applicable law.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
We acknowledge that you have the right to access and correct your personal information, in accordance with applicable law. If you would like to access or correct your personal information, please contact the Customer that you interact with directly – since we process information under the direction of our Customers.
International Transfer and Storage of Information
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage third party service providers. As a result, your personal information may be transferred to countries outside your country of residence, which may have different data protection rules than in your country. While such information is outside of your country, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is located, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country.
Third Party Websites and Services
This Privacy Statement applies only to our products and services. This Privacy Statement does not extend to any websites or products or services provided by third parties. We do not assume responsibility for the privacy practices of such third parties, and we encourage you to review all third party privacy policies prior to using third party websites or products or services.
Privacy Statement Updates
This Privacy Statement is current as of the “updated” date which appears at the top of this page. We may modify this Privacy Statement from time to time. When changes are made to this Privacy Statement they will become immediately effective when published in a revised Privacy Statement posted on our website unless otherwise noted. We may also communicate the changes through our services or by other means. By submitting your personal information to us, by registering for or using any of the services we offer, by using our website, or by voluntarily interacting with us after we publish or communicate a notice about the changes to this Privacy Statement, you consent to our collecting, using and disclosing your personal information as set out in the revised Privacy Statement.
All comments, questions, concerns, requests or complaints regarding your personal information or our privacy practices (including with respect to service providers outside of Canada) should be sent to our Privacy Officer as follows:
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org